Thursday, June 26, 2008

39th Year of Life

Today, I start my 39th year on this life journey. I've been telling people I'm one year away from a mid-life crisis and somebody informed me that I shouldn't go through a mid-life crisis until I'm 50. I told them I'm impatient and want to get it over with. I always make goals I want to accomplish for the upcoming year on my birthday, and have started praying that no matter what that this year God would give me the grace to know him more deeply, serve him better, and be a better husband and father, but outside those things here are the top five things I want to accomplish before I turn 40.

1. I want to memorize Psalm 119
2. I want to earn my Certified Financial Planner designation.
3. I want to go on a mission trip this year
4. I want to finally write that book I've always said I'll write
5. I want to learn the Hindi language this year.

Stay tuned throughout the year to see how these turn out.

No comments: